You are here

KAUH's history

Originally founded by HRH Prince Talal Bin Abdulaziz in 1955 and run by the Ministry of Health.

The College of Medicine of King Saud University (KSU) was established in 1967 but at the time it had no affiliated university hospitals. In 1969, an agreement between King Saud University and the Ministry of Health was signed that allowed medical students at the time to learn and practice the clinical aspects of medicine in any of the ministry’s hospitals.

However, in 1974, King Saud University acquired Prince Talal’s hospital from the Ministry of Health and changed its name to King Abdulaziz University Hospital, thus establishing the first dedicated university hospital in the kingdom.

Since then, clinical training under strict supervision of dedicated teaching staff and research were the integral functions of KAUH, all while maintaining the highest standard of patient care.

Currently, KAUH operates with a capacity of 104 beds. However, in the near future, an expansion with 126 bed is expected to be fully operational by 2017.

SEO keyword: 
KAUH's history