Endocrinology Fellowship Program
The emerging of diseases in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reflects the dramatic socio-economic changes in the last three decades. Notable in this regard is the emergence of Endocrine Metabolic disorders, in particular Diabetes Mellitus as a major health problem.
For the successful implementation of the health policy objectives of the Kingdom, the College of Medicine King Saud University should participate in training various categories of needed healthcare personnel.
The Postgraduate Fellowship Program in Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes will help provide a segment of the manpower needs of the Kingdom in this field.
The Fellowship Program aims to train selected physicians in the field of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes who will be competent to function as Consultants in the sub-specialty. They will be expected to take up appointment in other secondary or tertiary hospitals in the Kingdom and establish Endocrinology and Diabetes units where these are yet to be organized. Additional skills to be acquitted are teaching ability and research capability.
- Adult Clinical Endocrinology
- Pediatric Clinical Endocrinology
- Laboratory Endocrinology
- Diagnostic Endocrine Radiology & Nuclear Medicine Elective Period (2 months)
Modules for Teaching and Learning in the Program:
- Clinical Training
- Teaching Ability
- Research Capability
- The Fellowship Program is in King Khalid University Hospital (KKUH), King Abdulaziz University Hospital (KAUH) and affiliated hospitals according to regulations of Residency Board.
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiology
Eligible candidate for this program are
- Individuals who have been trained and qualified as internist with the qualification such as the KSU Fellowship or equivalent (Arab Board in Internal Medicine, MRCP, FRCP,etc.)
- The candidate should fulfill all KSU fellowship requirements and in accordance with the regulations of Residency Board.
- Candidate should have completed 4 years of training after the period of internship working or into programs for Internal Medicine training.
Two years of Full-Time Residency Training of Endocrinology upon successful completion of the final examination, the candidate will be awarded KSU Fellowship in Endocrinology.