Advance Therapeutic Endoscopy Fellowship Program
The 2 year fellowship in advanced therapeutic endoscopy at King Saud University is design to provide subspecialty training in advance therapeutic endoscopy, including endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), as well as endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) so that the graduate would serve as an expert independent consultant and endoscopist for patients with pancreatobiliary disease as well as those requiring advanced endoscopic skills like enteric stenting and staging of gastrointestinal tumors with available opportunities for mentoring in clinical research.
Specialty Training Requirements:
- Has acquired a specialty certificate in Gastroenterology whether it is Saudi, Arab, or MRCP, or an equivalent recognized degree.
- If applicable, the candidate must provide a written permission from his/her sponsoring institute allowing him/her to participate in a full time basis for the entire period of the program.
- Submit a letter of approval from the place of work confirming permission to join the program on full time basis for the entire period training.
- Three recommendation letters.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Passes an interview by the selection committee for the program.
- To produce graduate advanced therapeutic endoscopists with adequate knowledge and skills to manage complex endoscopic procedures.
- Train candidate to become disciplined, independent self-learners and provide and educational environement that will promote good standards in health care.
- Train candidates to perfom independent research and to adopt a research oriented approach to new problems.
- To train graduate candidates with internationally accepted standards.
- To raise candidated awareness of the importance of team approach to medical problem.
- To produce advance therapeutic endoscopists with the appropriate attitude to work and medical ethics.
During the Fellowship the trainee should acquire the competencies required for advanced therapeutic endoscopy in the domains of knowledge, clinical and technical skills and attitude related to their practice:
- Clinical and Technical Skills
Structure of the Training Program:
Duration and structure of the training period:
The specialty program is 2 years in duration (24 months). The structure of the program over these two years is as follows:
- 19 Months of Clinical duties
- 2 Months-Vacation
- 1 Month Research
- 2 Months electives to be done in a selected interest provided is approved by the training committee.
Certificate will be issued through King Saud University Post –graduates Office for all trained after completion of all requirement including:
- Successful completion of two years of training
- Passing the three month evaluation
- Successful publication of at least one research project conducted during the training period.