Advanced Hepatology & Liver Transplant Fellowship
I. GOALS OF THE KING SAUD UNIVERSITY ADVANCED HEPATOLOGY AND LIVER TRANSPLANT SUBSPECIALTY TRAINING PROGRAM 2014 - 2015
The training program in Advanced Hepatology and Liver Transplant at King Saud University is a 1-year clinical program. The program provides the trainee with opportunities to develop the entire skills requisite to the practice of Hepatology. Opportunities are available for advanced training in clinical or basic science research through its affiliation with the liver research center.
B. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
In keeping with their backgrounds in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Fellows will emphasize the acquisition of knowledge, clinical and technical skills, and attitudes to the practice of Advanced Hepatology and Liver Transplant. On successful completion of the training program, candidates will demonstrate competence with respect to:
2.Clinical and Technical Skills
- Medical Expert
- Health Advocate
Fellow Appointment: 2 Fellows will be accepted per year
II. SPECIALTY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Saudi Fellowship of G.I. (or equivalent)
- If applicable, the candidate must provide a written permission from his/her sponsoring institute allowing him/her to participate in a full time basis for the entire period of the program.
- Submit a letter of approval from the place of work confirming permission to join the program on full time basis for the entire period of training
- Three Recommendation letters.
III. EVALUATION AND EXAMS
- The trainee will receive formative and summative evaluation during the year
- Trainee will be given formative feedback on their performance every three months
- The trainee will be evaluated using the CanMEDS role
- At the end of training a written and OSCE exam will be conducted
IV. TRAINING Program Structure:
To achieve the objectives of the Advanced Hepatology and Liver Transplant program the following education experiences will be available:
- Program Organization
- Organized Teaching
The Trainee will receive a “King Saud Fellowship in Advanced Hepatology” Certificate, which will be issued through King Saud University Postgraduates Office for all trainees after completion of all requirements including:
- Successful completion of training.
- Passing the final exam
- Successful acceptance of at least one research done during the training period.