To manage, supervise and oversee all aspects of the undergraduate course/s and be sure that it is updated and meet the required standards.
- Approving the course specifications, objectives and plan for improvement.
- Preparing strategic and annual planning (deliverables, process, deadlines) that will be employed each Academic Year; and the implementation plan for delivering the curriculum in liaison with Medical Education department and Exam Center at the College.
- Ensuring that undergraduate education learning objectives are achievable and achieved across the distributed course/s.
- Defining, planning and implementing a comprehensive faculty development plan to support delivery of the curriculum in collaboration with the Medical Education Department.
- Discussing with the course organizer:
- The conduction of the course/s.
- Students’ attendance and performance.
- Faculty and Teaching staff punctuality and performance.
- Reviewing the regular feedback from students and teaching staff regarding conduction of the course and challenges.
- Providing students’ academic guidance needed, and study student’s complaints and challenges.
- Reviewing student’s misconducts and breeching of regulation and suggesting disciplinary actions according to KSU & MOE regulations.
- Supervision of Exam Subcommittee that will supervise and monitor the conduction of exams and assessment methods, and report on scores and marks of assessment and examination.
- Reviewing requests of exam re-marking, & resetting exam.
- Ensuring adequacy and appropriateness of learning resources and training facilities
- Identifying potential additional clinical teaching sites and making recommendations for the development of these sites to meet the numbers needed.
- Advocating for appropriate academic sites and resources (including Clinical Academic Title holders) for each course by making recommendations to relevant committees.
- Annually revising the course materials and teaching methods and training sites in accordance to new knowledge and new methods in medical education.
- Preparing and submitting course reports after releasing of students' results, as per the NCAAA template.
- Preparing and sending reports to concerned parties after being approved by the chairman of department.
- Reviewing all issues referred to it by the chairman or the departmental board, within the committee scope of function.
1. Course organizer/s
2. Head of exam & assessment subcommittee
3. Two or more faculty members