- In 2016 the Emergency Department received the following number of patients:
- Adult Emergency Unit at King Khaled University Hospital: 70898
- Pediatric Emergency Unit at King Khalid University Hospital: 34610
- Total number of patients at King Khaled University Hospital Emergency department: 105508
- Adult Emergency Unit at King Abdulaziz University Hospital: 31168
- Pediatric Emergency Unit at King Abdulaziz University Hospital: 20351
- Total number of patients at King Abdulaziz University Hospital Emergency Department: 51519
- The total visits to the Emergency Department at KSUMC: 157027
- The monthly average of patients IS 15000, which indicates that patients trust the medical staff and the service provided to them.
- Medical research scientific achievement to promote emergency services.
This is a list of scientific production links for departments' faculty members:
Create academic and scientific atmosphere for faculty and students.
Assigning an academic day weekly to provide scientific lectures to residents.
- Building cooperation relationships with relevant departments and authorities.
Cardiology and catheterization (heart attack program).
Laboratory Department (establishing a laboratory within the Emergency Department to save patient's time and upgrading the service provided to them).
X-ray Unit within the Emergency Department.
CT Unit within the Emergency Department.
- Establishing Disaster Management headed by the head of the emergency department.
- Obtain approval to expand Emergency Department through establishing observation unit.
- Allocate an area to receive KSU staff.
The department participates in providing different courses.