You are here

About the Faculty of Medicine:

  • In 1387H, the Faculty of Medicine at King Saud University was founded as the first medical school in the Kingdom.
  • In 1394H, special branch of the Faculty was opened to female students.
  • In 1396H, King Abdulaziz Hospital was joined to the College and was known then as Prince Talal Hospital.
  • On 17 March 1402 the late King Khalid bin Abdulaziz, may God have mercy on his soul,  opened the headquarters of the Faculty of  of Medicine and King Khalid University Hospital on the new  University Campus City at Dir'iyya district.
  • The Faculty of Medicine has seen the graduation of more than 4296 doctors since its inception in addition to over 700 graduates of its post graduate medical programs.
  • In 2009, the Faculty achieved the rank of 79 globally among colleges of medicine according to The Times X.
  • In the 1436/1437H academic year, the number of students enrolled at the Bachelor degree programs   reached 823males and 585 females. The number of doctors at the graduate level programs reached 896 males and females. They comprised 107 fellowships, 2 doctoral programs, 6 master programs and 2 diploma programs.
  • In the 1436/1437H academic year, college graduates reached 165 male doctors, 98 female physician undergraduate.
  • In the 1436/1437H academic year, college graduates reached 124 doctor, males and females, in postgraduate studies in various delicate medical specialties.
  • The Faculty is proud of its graduates who end up as pioneers who are capable of passing all national and international  fellowship tests with ease, and who prove  themselves qualified to engage in all kinds of advanced medical training projects in  countries like the United States, Canada Europe and Australia,  and Canada. Training record in the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia.